Frequently Asked Question
The preferred program for accessing your email on your computer is Outlook, but you can use any program that supports IMAP/SMTP, or you can use the Outlook Web App.
Outlook 2016 and Newer
- Open Outlook
- If you already have an email account set up, click "File," then click "Add Account" under Account Information.
- Enter your Name, Email Address, and password.
- Click "Next."
- Outlook will automatically configure the correct settings. Click "Finish."
- Your email is now set up.
Other Email Programs
- Add an Email account. Refer to the help menu of your email program if you are not sure how to add an email account.
- Use these settings:
- Account (or Server) type: IMAP
- Incoming (or IMAP) server name: outlook.office365.com
- Incoming (or IMAP) server port: 993
- Incoming (or IMAP) server encryption: SSL
- Outgoing (or SMTP) server name: smtp.office365.com
- Outgoing (or SMTP) server port: 587
- Outgoing (or SMTP) server encryption: TLS
- User Name: your full email address
If you have questions about your e-mail account, or are having trouble logging in, please open a new ticket, and choose Email / Student Email as the Help Topic.