Frequently Asked Question
You can add a non-roster student or a guest faculty member to your MyLynx course. For instance, you could:
- Add an ASC tutor so that they can view your assignments.
- Add another faculty member so they can see how you set up your course, or if they are covering one or more of your class sessions.
DO NOT add a student who is registered for your class and is not on the class roster. If they are supposed to be in your course, please have them check their schedule or with their advisor. If they should be in your course (it is on their schedule), please contact the IT department so that we can fix the issue with them not being on your roster.
To add a non-roster student or guest faculty:
- Navigate to your course. You can be on any page in your course.
- Click on in the left navigation bar, under your course pages, and before the Quick Links.
- Click on Permissions.
- Click on
- Click on "Add a non-roster student" or "Add a guest faculty member"
- Click on "Add individual users," then use the search feature to find the person you want to add. Click OK when you are done adding users.
- Click Save.
- The people you added will now be in the non-roster student or guest faculty list.
- Click Exit.